Egli Landscapes has a reputation for ‘immediate impact landscapes.’ We install large plant material for an instant transformation to your property. Most of our tree selection comes from right here in Iowa and some are from next door Illinois. The shrubs and perennials are grown by highly reputable nurseries across the country. Our plant palette is continually growing and changing.
Aside from the facts in the following paragraphs, planting trees will have the biggest impact on your property. It frames the picture and brings your natural growing investment to life.
Planting a new tree will not only enhance the looks of your landscape, but it can help you save money on your energy bills while improving the environment we all share. Consider these statistics on the value of planting trees:
- The net cooling effect of a young, healthy tree is equivalent to 10 room-sized air conditioners operating 20 hours a day. Source: U.S. Department of Agriculture
- If you plant a tree on the west side of your home, your energy bills should be 3% less in five years. After 15 years, the savings will be nearly 12%. Source: Dr. E. Greg McPherson, Center for Urban Forest Research
- Landscaping, especially with trees, can increase property values as much as 20%. Source: Management Information Services/ICMA
- One acre of forest absorbs six tons of carbon dioxide and puts out four tons of oxygen. This is enough to meet the annual needs of 18 people. Source: U.S. Department of Agriculture
- There are up to 200 million spaces along our city streets where trees could be planted. This translates to the potential for absorbing 33 million more tons of carbon dioxide per year, which would save $4 billion in energy costs. Source: National Wildlife Federation
- The planting of trees improves water quality, resulting in less runoff and erosion. Wooded areas help to prevent the transport of sediment and chemicals into streams.
It’s a fact…if you plant a tree (or trees) this season, everyone wins!
Please note: We often hear from homeowners who feel that trees are not a good investment since they’re slow-growing. We urge you to keep in mind that by planting trees, you’re investing in the future of not only our planet, but the quality of life for the generations that will come after us.
Call us today at (319) 256-5111 to learn more. We’ll be happy to help you select and plant the ideal new tree for your property.
Click here to view our Spring Trees – Sample Photos & Descriptions!